Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pros and cons of glass baby bottles?

Glass vs. plastic does not affect how much air a baby takes in. Certain nipples will make a difference, but it doesn't matter if the bottle they are attached to is glass or plastic. I know you don't want to hear about glass breaking, but i'll tell you my experience. I have used glass bottles for my son since he began using bottles and If you have tile floor in your house "break resistant" will not do you any good. Even with the rubber sleeves on them, if it drops on the tile in our kitchen it's gonna smash and glass will fly everywhere. I still use them, I believe the benefits of not having to worry about the plastic deteriorating and leaching chemicals into my son's milk are worth it, but i wouldn't recommend it with tile floors unless you have a shop vac and are willing to deal with occasional glass disasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment